Regular Sleep, Healthy Future
A regular sleeping pattern is the topic of the World Sleep Day 2021. A good night’s sleep has a big impact on your health. All very well, but how can you achieve a good night’s sleep in the first place?
According to the organisation of World Sleep Day, there are a number of things you can try:
- Have a set time to go to bed and wake up
- If you like to take a nap during the day, make sure it doesn’t last longer than 45 minutes
- Do not consume alcohol, sigarettes, caffeine or heavy/spicy/sugary products in the 4 hours before going to sleep
- Exercise regularly, but not just before going to sleep
- Find a comfortable temperature setting for sleeping and keep the room well ventilated.
- Block out all distracting noise and eliminate as much light as possible.
Especially the last tip is a cause of irritation when sleeping. A snoring partner, living by the highway or a variety of surrounding noise can disturb you at night, even more so when you are a light sleeper. Luckily there is a solution: earplugs!
Enjoy your sleep, turn down the noise!
With Pluggerz earplugs Sleep, you can enjoy your sleep comfortably. These earplugs are universal and made of very soft silicone material, which is also suitable for side sleepers. They filter out noise with 26 dB, while keeping alarms or crying babies audible.
But don’t they need to block out all sound?
No, and this is also impossible. Apart from safety (because it’s nice to be able to hear a fire alarm or your morning alarm) we also have to deal with something called ‘bone conduction’. In short, this means that sound waves (which are basically vibrations) enter your head not only through the ear canal, but also through your skull. That is why you will always hear some sort of noise, no earplug can block that out.
So: having trouble sleeping? Try the 6 tips above, they might help. Sleep well!